Vicky says it has been too long since I have blogged. Not believing her I decided to check and yeah, it’s been a while. So I thought I would catch up in 3’s:
3 Books I’m in right now
– Everything Must Change by Brian McLaren
– Introduction to Biblical Theology by Klein, Blomberg, etc.
– World Biblical Commentary – 44 – Colossians, Philemon by O’Brien
Mostly school and a little fun from BMac.
3 CD’s that are rocking my world right now
– Fort Nightly by White Rabbits
– In Rainbows by Radiohead
– Juno Soundtrack
3 Issues that have been on my mind
thanks to the following: NPR – possibly the worst thing I have ever heard on the subject, I had to turn it off before I completely lost it; Obama – the man and I have very different idea of what “justice” means; Juno – great, great, great movie. Unfortunately, what it does for pro-lifers it does the same for teenage fornicators. Adam Carola – he’s been especially preachy lately, great for perspective on commentary against the church)
thanks to the following: Vicky – she’s a junkie for sure; Time Magazine; Jonathan’s blog; Matt Drudge
– 14 kinds of Grace
thanks to Mark “300 books” Driscoll. I mean really, was mentioning over and over again that you are going to write that many books necessary to helping me understanding grace? Really? Still great, but really?
3 Things That Might Change This Year
– The city I live in (I know, when will it stop)
– The amount of people I live with
– The amount of healthy churches that meet it bars in Las Vegas
3 Things About This Blog
– We get roughly 25-30 hits a day for people searching for “famous black people” thanks to my post on The Bible Experience. And with Black History Month coming up I expect that number to increase. Sorry people searching for famous black people, you’re stuck with two white guys.
– Ryan’s in his last real semester of Seminary. Go ahead and send him some encouragement. I am really proud of him. Who would have though Dawson Leary in Seminary and Joey a manipulated Scientologist. Times have changed.
– Last year we had a little over 13,000 blog hits which was aided supremely by the Washington Post linking here. This month we had a little over 3,000. So expect a healthy dose of posts about more famous black people over the next few weeks. We’re shooting for 50,000 this year.
Peace Out – matt